Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Jan 26 - Taty Frans tips


Bonaire Lac Bay. NP EVO 6 7.0, iSonic 107, MFC KP-RC 360, Wind: 15 kts
Small distance today but LARGE on information. Spent time chatting with Taty Frans (PWA freestyle and slalom racer) - got some valuable tips which should help me in the future improve my speed and reduce my fatigue.
Boom height: Chin to chest high. Chin high for light winds, lower for strong winds.
Stance: Front foot is definitely 'toes up' in the strap. This is how he sails. He feels I sail 'too upright/rigid' and am putting too much of the load on my arms and let my legs flex more to absorb the chop. Wants to see me either 'sitting on the harness lines' more and/or leaning back more. The goal is for stronger winds to have the sail acting like a wing, taking weight off of the board. This, of course, will make the board more 'lively' so it is something I will need practice to perfect. It will also take an additional level of competency and confidence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment