Monday, July 4, 2016

July 4 - HR Waterfront Park.- PB 5x10




Hood River Waterfront Park, Hood River, The Gorge, OR, US
Sailworks Retro 5.5, Goya Bolt 95L, MFC KP-RC 360. Wind 18 14G24, 20 15G29
A gusty, bumpy day. First session (around noon) was good, in control, fully powered. The second session (about 3) was a tad too much for me to hold down in the gusts so I bagged it early. Still liking the Goya and still struggling to jibe. Today I would typically catch a gust and ride it to where I wanted to jibe but then struggled with being fully powered/over powered and jibing on a wave/swell face. I would typically chickenout on committing to leaning forward into the jibe and I would be soggy toast. Ankles still a little tender from the crash yesterday.
Working on the 5x10s, Roo :)
Met Canadians: Gary (private practice veterinarian), Rod (government veterinarian), Bill, Woody, Don

No comments:

Post a Comment