Thursday, March 22, 2018

March 22 - Lac Bay



4,328 km
Lac Bay, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands
2014 Sailworks Retro 6.5, 1985 Hi-Tech 9' Carbon Slalom, Wind: 20 knots
Back on the water with tentative steps after a week of being hobbled with shin splints. Some shin pain still but a good rest after each single back and forth run was enough to allow a future run. I think I'm now on the healing side of this latest medical issue. 
Felt good to be back on the water! The Hi-Tech isn't fast compared to present slalom gear but it is a comfortable ride when your legs hurt Smile. Actually had one of my better jibes of the year today. Unfortunately, swung a little wide and KA72 decided I missed the exit gate... Don't care. It felt GREAT Laughing. Good enough to get me back out on the water to try again.
Still lots of floating seaweed in the water. Will definitely be bringing a batch of weed/speed fins back from Oregon in the Fall.



No comments:

Post a Comment