Monday, May 25, 2020

May 25 - Lac Bay

5,048 km
Bonaire, Lac Bay, Caribbean Netherlands

2018 GA Phantom 7.1, 2015 iSonic 107, MFC KP360
Best Alpha of the year to date.

Slowly getting the timing down for the planing step jibe. Had a couple of jibes in the mangrove area fail because the wind ripped the boom out of my hand on the sail flip. Clearly need to be more conscious about having a firm grip. For the starboard tack jibe, I'm getting better at changing the foot stance and starting to move the sail in to position to flip it at the same time. Need to stay low and do the foot change quickly in order not to  change the boards attack on the carve. Need to be more aggressive on rail pressure to tighten the arc of the carve so I can flip the sail sooner while I still have good board speed. On port tack, the same approach applies. I'm coasting through the exit of the speed runs rather than aggressively initiating the planing jibe. The good news is that I made more port tack jibes today, so some improvement seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment