Friday, March 18, 2016

March 18


Bonaire Lac Bay. NP EVO 5 7.8, iSonic 107, Black Project FreeDeltaRE 21. Wind: 15 kts E
Conditions similar to yesterday, maybe a tad lighter wind and water level a little higher. With the higher water level was able to take better advantage of the mangrove shallows.
I got spoiled during the 'off season' by having the bay to myself. Today, when I first went out and wind was maybe 12-13 knots I only had to share 'my' sailing area with one other person. When the wind picked up all of a sudden there were 40 freestylers cluttering up my back-and-forth run - particularly the mangrove jibe area. The freestylers probably were not any more pleased having this one guy on slalom gear buzzing them than I was having all these moving jibe buoys 

No comments:

Post a Comment