Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 30


Bonaire Lac Bay. Sailworks Retro 6.5, iSonic 90, MFC KP-RC 360. Wind: 17 ENE
Good strenuous workout. After a couple of weeks sailing the Delta fin I decided to go back to a slalom fin for comparison. The immediately noticeable benefit of the switch was that I could stomp on the fin without any fear of it spinning out. This made the board faster on a beam and broad reach when in chop. Downside of course was no 'shallows flat water'. That is a tradeoff I'm willing to make as the increased adrenaline level of going faster in chop more than equals the feeling of an additional couple of knots of speed on the flat water :) . Was somewhat surprised that 'jibing ease' seemed about equal with the two fins - I expected the slalom to be more difficult. Maybe my skills are improving? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment