Sunday, May 7, 2017

May 7 - Floras Lake



3490km
Langlois, OR, USA - Floras lake
Sailworks Retro 5.5, Goya Bolt 95L, MFC KP-RC360. Wind: 20 G 25 knots
Wind slightly lighter today at the beginning of the session which was OK as it gave me a chance to practice dealing with slogging conditions. I had gotten spoiled with the iSonic 107 where I could run all over the board with abandon, and it easily popped onto a plane. The Goya Bolt 95 is much twitchier, which is fine, once I get reacclimated. By the end of the session I was feeling more in control during slogging conditions. I could, of course, have rigged bigger but the forecast was for increasing winds as the afternoon progressed - there was a minimal increase which allowed me to have a couple of good runs. That said, I really wanted to get some practice in marginal conditions in order to feel more confident at the Gorge. The drysuit with a thermal layer worked great, hopefully the cold issue is solved. All in all a good day as I got reacquainted with this gear and I had only minor cramps which were 'knuckled out' Smile. I convinced my exercise sergent that excercise on the water would be suffiient - dodged that exercise pain for one day Laughing.

Roo commented:
Little by little, bit by bit, the more you sail and soon you'll be fit! Now give me 50 chinups princess! Big improvement on yesterday.
I commented:
Thanks Roo Smile. Fortunately, there are no chinup bars at this park :). However, I did catch some grief from the sergeant after the sailing session when exercise time magically appeared and I suggested I had already had a workout ... Apparently, in her past there was a distinction made between 'practice' and exercise sessions. Guess that is why she was a national champion and I wasn't Laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment