Saturday, May 6, 2017

May 6 - Floras Lake

Back on the water again!!
My eye tumor was diagnosed at OHSU Casey Eye Institute, after a biopsy and six weeks of testing, to be an atypical autoimmune inflammation :) . The present treatment is Prednisone which has dramatically reduced the swelling and eye protrusion (proptosis).







3475km
Langlois, OR, US - Floras Lake
Sailworks Retro 5.5, Goya Bolt 95, MFC KP-360. Wind: 22 G 30 knots
Perfect everything except an old man's body. Started with the Retro 6.5 and weed fin but was overpowered. Rigged down to the 5.5 and slalom 360, got a couple of good runs then both legs cramped to where I could hardly stand up or walk. I used the exercise bike but apparently not hard enough. I paid twice for not pushing harder on getting in shape. First was missing the rest of a perfect day. Secondly, my wife, who was a much better athlete than I when we were young has decided to become my exercise drill sergeant until I'm back in shape Surprised. We had our first session this afternoon - yikes!

Roo commented:
Good on yer wife, you need some motivation princess! Good speeds for your first day out, just need to bring up the match fitness.
I commented:
I thought I could slide through and get my fitness level back up by sailing - nope Laughing. We will see how tomorrow goes... I was told by my sergeant that next time I should just 'knuckle out the cramps' and keep going. This could be an interesting Summer with my fitness sergeant keeping track of me Surprised.
By the third run across I was starting to regain some sailing skills and could imagine some 30+ numbers in my future and then BAM...

No comments:

Post a Comment