Saturday, February 25, 2017

Feb 25 - No more windsurfing for a while...

Yesterday, Friday Feb 24 I was diagnosed with tumor behind my right eye. The hopeful diagnosis is psuedotumor orbitalis which is benign but without diagnostic equipment not available on Bonaire, the doctor can not be sure. Therefore, we are returning to Oregon next week. My Oregon GP is going to refer me to the Casey Eye Institute at OHSU in Portland. The good news is that a psuedotumor orbitalis is supposed to respond very favorably to Prednison and after only one dose my bulging eye is returning back to its’ normal depth in the eye socket and my vision has returned to normal.
 
We will stay in Oregon until the Fall since the trip from Bonaire now takes over 48 hours elapsed time (because of the pets). 

No comments:

Post a Comment