Thursday, August 24, 2017

Aug 24 - Floras Lake




3764km
Langlois, OR, USA - Floras Lake
Sailwork NX 7.0, Goya Bolt 125, MFC KPR-44, Wind: 12 G 20 knot
Good to be back on the water. For a mellow afternoon of sailing, this was the correct kit for these wind conditions. Sailed off and on during the afternoon, launching about 1 PM and quiting when the wind temporarily backed off at 5 PM. Worked some on the timing of sail flips and correct placement of feet during the foot transition in jibes. Hit it correctly a few times, now need to become consistent. 
Enjoyed the stable power pocket of the Sailworks NX in the gusts and the feel of the Bolt 125 - very forgiving in the jibes regarding weight distribution and quick to pop up on a plan when a gust hit. Plenty floaty so if the wind completely stopped, I could still cruise back to shore. Last week, under the guidance of Taty Frans, I purchased my Bonaire low wind board from him, a 2017 iSonic 127. I am really curious to see how it compares to the Bolt since the bolt is 76 cm wide and the iSonic is 82. My requirement was I wanted a board that I could sail in 10-14 knots of wind with a 7.8 sail. I should have no (valid) excuses for not sailing once we return to Bonaire...





No comments:

Post a Comment