Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Feb 7 - Lac Bay



4,248 km
Lac Bay, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands
2014 Sailworks Retro 6.5, 2015 iSonic 107, MFC KPRC360. Wind: up and down, probably 16-18 knots at times.
it is a good thing that GPSTC is structured to allow you to just compete against yourself because I'm quickly getting way out of my league here Laughing.
I finally changed my daily schedule and arrived at about 10:30 AM. Was able to have reasonably consistent winds and didn't have to deal with the rain squalls. The rain squalls arrived as usual around 3 PM but I had already had some decent sessions. The old body did OK today - the rib pain is essentially gone so now I can focus on sailing again.
While it was a reasonably productive day for me OTW, it was a very productive day from a WCS standpoint. The WCS has a new team member, Juvannie Agostien - WELCOME ABOARD!!. Juvannie sailed with Taty today and they were pushing each other. Then, later in the afternoon, Terence arrived for a quick session before the rain squalls shut things down. 
My comment in the beginning is very pertinent - All the WCS members with NB and CUR sail numbers are consistently clocking low to mid-30 knots 2 Sec averages in sub-20 knot winds. I, OTOH, am working to break 25 knots (this will change some when I go back to the Vapor sails, but not THAT much Laughing). I may be old and slow, but I can see young and FAST on the water. Wink.


No comments:

Post a Comment