Thursday, February 6, 2020

Feb 6 - Lac Bay








4560 km
Lac Bay, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands
2015 Retro 5.5, 1991 Hi-Tech 8'9". 

NOTE: Taty was sailing in Defi-Wind Miyakojima-shi, Okinawa-ken, Japan

Sailed between 1330 and 1400, around 1530 and 1630
Good day for the Gorge Gear! Very nicely powered except for the 1630 run (only made an over and back run and was worried about slogging back). The Hi-Tech definitely needs some power to keep it on a plane.
Last night I changed harness lines from 28" back to 26" and it felt much more comfortable. I can now put a lot more weight on the harness lines and still comfortably reach/grip the boom. Today my arms were not the issue, but during the 1530 runs my legs cramped a little. Always some weak link in the body :). At least now I think I can go longer distances since my arms won't get strained as much. 
The sailing runs were a workout but, per usual, jibing was better. Tide was high enough for me to get the slingshot runs into the mangrove area and still jibe and sail away.


No comments:

Post a Comment