Thursday, September 24, 2015

Sept 24 - First Day of GPSTC


Bonaire Lac Bay Boat Launch, Sailworks 6.5 Retro, JP Magic Ride 118, 40 cm fin, wind 14-16 knots
A huge THANK YOU to Roo for suggesting GPSLogIt and the associated hardware to me, as well as inviting me to join The West Coast Speedsters.  Today was my first chance to try it out GPSLogIt– Fantastic!! It made the sailing session SO much more interesting. I'm back on Bonaire now and today was my first day on the water. Lac Bay is a great place for 'old fogey' back-and-forth sailing and working on 'speed sailing'. Not a lot of wind this afternoon  but was a CONSISTENT 14-16 knots, unlike the gusty conditions I experienced every time I sailed this summer at Hood River. On my first day with the Gps I did not obtain great speeds compared to the rest of The West Coast Speedsters but I did establish a decent (low) baseline with plenty of 'improvement opportunities'. For my future reference: foot straps in 'middle' position on the board, 40 cm fin.
Roo commented:
Well done Barton, keep up the sessions and happy to have you posting.

Roo


No comments:

Post a Comment