Monday, September 28, 2015

Sept 28


Bonaire Lac Bay. Sailworks Retro 7.5, JP MR118, 40 cm fin, wind 14-15 knots
Got a very late start and mucked around trying to rig a friends old Sailworks 7.9 X-T Race sail only to discover my boom was about 8 cm too short... so back on the Retro 7.5 for about 12 minutes of sailing before the sun set :-).
Roo, sorry to bring down your great run scores, but at least with two of us posting sessions, some fraction of your scores count...

Roo commented:
Don't worry about it Barton, your times will improve as you get more time on the water. Set yourself a goal each time you go out, i.e. pick a category to concentrate on and use the gps to help you track it.
I commented:
Roo, I Understand.
My primary goal for the next couple of weeks is just to get back in shape so I can sail 30+ km/session and still be able to load everything back in the car before the muscles cramp up :-) . These 67 year old muscles are doing a lot of complaining right now :-). After I'm back in shape I'll be focusing on 2 Second and Alpha since they represent to me straight line speed and jibing skills.
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment