Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Jan 24 - Lac Bay




4,214 km
Lac Bay, Bonaire, Caribbean Netherlands

2014 Sailworks Retro 6.5, 2015 iSonic 107, MFC KPR360. Wind: 13 - 17 knots

Rain squalls kept the wind from being consistent. However, did get in a few good runs, enough to cause my ribs/muscles to become painful again. Seems I can go about 10 km and then it is time to stop for the day. Hopefully this will work itself out soon as the next ten days look windy. 
I may bring either the Hi-Tech Carbon Slalom or the 8'9" board tomorrow for some comfort riding. Today was a clear example that there is no middle ground with the iSonics. You are either schlogging along at 5 knots, or you are 18-20 knots or above. If the wind picks up, I am at 25 knots and being required to focus 100% to keep from being stacked in the chop. Not a relaxing way to sail. Fun, but not relaxing. I need more time on the water to get the timing down on the carve jibes. Won't be perfect on the Hi-Techs, but I think it will translate fairly well.
Below is the standard KA72 Google earth map AND a speed map created by GPSActionReplay. I selected the coloring so this may change. The maps provide different information, I like both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment