Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Nov 11


Bonaire Lac Bay. Neil Pryde EVO 6 7.0, iSonic 90, MFC KP 340, Wind: 20-22 knots
First day with the new gear when something didn't break or mess up :).
My limited sample size of one (me) clearly demonstrates that sailing on the edge of overpowered with race sails is very strenuous for this old body, especially after a couple of catapult dismounts while trying to get into the footstraps. Had to change my technique from hook in, front foot, back foot to back foot, hook in, front foot. Speed numbers were not any better than with wind a couple of knots less because of the extra focus on trying to keep some portion of board or fin in the water while traversing the choppy bay. I feel like an old fogey driving a Ferrari at speed - danger, danger, watch out. Looking forward to getting my EVO 5 5.8 sail fixed so I can cruise a little :).

No comments:

Post a Comment