Friday, December 11, 2015

Dec 11 - PB alpha


Bonaire Lac Bay. NP EVO 6 7.0, iSonic 90, MFC KP-RC 340, Wind: 18 knots.
Fully powered. 
Roo commented:
Way to go Barton, another PB....you seem to be getting the race gear dialed in and comfortable. In no time you'll be knocking on the 30s.
Sailquik commented:
cool
I commented:
Thanks for the encouragement Roo. Maybe 'better dialed in' but not so sure about comfortable - some of the runs, like the NM were a little tense for me going over the larger chop in the middle of the bay. I am feeling a little more confident letting the board become airborne and adjusting by trimming the sail. Surprisingly, in looking at the NM track, my fourth best 10 sec reading happened in the middle of the bay in the worst chop... oh well, what do I know :0. Still, a long way to go to get to the 30's. 
On a side note, I was a little disappointed at not having a tie with PB on NM. The GPSLogit/Alcatel phone had the numbers but the GW-52 came up a little short. On the plus side, now that I'm using the GW-52 for posting, I know a PB is really a PB with a .07 to .1 knot margin from the previous PB.
Thanks Sailquik!

No comments:

Post a Comment