Friday, December 18, 2015

Dec 18


Bonaire Lac Bay. Sailworks Retro 5.5, Hi-Tech 9'0" carbon slalom, iSonic 90, MFC-KP 320: wind 20 - 21
pft... expected a repeat of yesterday with even stronger winds, nope. Underdone today. Got a couple of decent runs on the Hi-Tech. I have to say it is a mellow ride compared to the iSonic. Bottom-line: right now I'm exhausted on the iSonic after about 15 minutes due to the harsh ride and twitchy behavior. The Gorge Gear Hi-Techs are slower but I could ride all afternoon (if I guess right on the sail size).
WazzaYotty commented:
That looks like a very beautiful and relaxed part of the world Barton. I probably don't need to suggest that you take it easy! Jealous !
I commented:
Hi Jamie, yes very relaxed, and beautiful if one likes dry tropics (lots of cactus and acacia plants). Hard to complain about the wind either (but I still sometimes do) as the last two weeks have been about 20 knots each day and the forecast for the next week is more of the same :-). Now, if there was only a good place in the bay to hide from the chop :-). The windward side of the bay is reef open to the ocean so not much help there. 
Regarding 'take it easy': That is part of my plan, :-) , which is why my old 'Gorge Gear' comes out when the chop gets big...
WazzaYotty commented:
Sure like the look of the winter in your place! Chop? That's the beauty of Coodanup in the Peel Inlet where we sail......flat as a tack....we can groove in the smooth and speed in the weed. OoooYeah!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!!
I commented:
Winters: well, if you hanker for 85 F (sorry, 29 - 30 C) temps and 20 knot winds, no air pollution and clear water to sail on, then Bonaire might be worth considering... :). On the other hand, I'm Jealous of 'flat as a tack' water for sailing..
Have a great holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment