Monday, December 26, 2016

Dec 26


2757km
Bonaire Lac Bay, Sailworks Retro 6.5, iSonic 90, MFC KP-RC340. Wind: 17G21 ENE (?) Wind gauge was all over the map today...

Got an earlier start today and sailed before the afternoon wind fade. Good sessions, getting timing a little better on the jibes but the wind direction again made it difficult to 'go for speed' and have room to jibe as well. So, of course, I would forego the latter. Rigged per yesterday and everything felt good. The one question I have, and I can't tell when I'm fully powered is what the leach at the top of the sail is doing. In conditions where I have had a chance to look, the leach is pretty floppy although there is some twisting off. Guess that isn't an issue as long as the sail feels good and I'm moving... Had to stop before the wind did as I was starting to make stupid mistakes, and the wind was slowly fading.

Today was a 6.5 PB for both 2Sec and 5x10 for Bonaire Lac Bay.

Roo commented:
Sail ugly I say, doesn't matter how it looks as long as it performs. Reminds me of a girl I went out with in my younger days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment